regulation in Colombia
For us it is very important that you know all the regulations in force in the Colombian state so that you take the proper precautions regarding the management and management of WEEE, for this reason, we have briefly summarized what each regulation deals with, and additionally, you can find the PDF issued by the Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development.
Resolution 1512 of 2010 aims to establish the responsibility of the producers of computers or peripherals that are commercialized in the country, the obligation to formulate, present and implement Selective Collection Systems and Environmental Management of Waste from Computers or Peripherals, with the purpose to prevent and control the degradation of the environment. It is defined as computer or peripheral producer to the natural or legal person, regardless of the sales technique used: Manufacture computers or peripherals under their own name or their own brand, or make design or manufacture computers or peripherals and market these products under your name or brand.Put in the market or resell under your name or brand, computers or peripherals manufactured by third parties.Import or enter the country computers, printers or peripherals from another country. Assemble computers or peripherals based on multiple product components s, under its own name or its own brand. This resolution will apply to producers of 100 or more units per year, of the following equipment:
- Personal computer systems:
- Personal computers (including central unit, mouse, screen and keyboard) and laptops
This document defines the roadmap until the year 2032 to be followed by the State, headed by the different entities of the national, regional and local orders, and the productive and business sectors of the country -involved in the management of this type of waste and Colombian society in general-, to address the global and local problems presented by the growing generation of WEEE and its inadequate management, which may affect the human health and the environment. The document comprises six chapters, which are the Following:
- Background on the management of waste electrical and electronic equipment, which provide the guidelines for the formulation of this policy.
- Frame of reference which includes the conceptual framework, policy, institutional and socioeconomic.
- Diagnosis of the problem of the management of WEEE in Colombia, in terms of the estimated generation of this waste, reported both for international studies as local and identified problems.
- Planning of the strategic framework that includes the principles and objectives that will guide the development of this policy.
- Formulation of the action plan that includes the strategies, lines of action, indicators and responsible for the tasks proposed will allow the implementation of the policy.
- Monitoring and evaluation system of the policy.
The purpose of Decree 284 of 2018 is to regulate the integral management of Waste Electrical and Electronic Equipment (WEEE), in order to prevent and minimize the adverse impact on the environment. The provisions of this decree apply to the entire national territory. producers, marketers, users or consumers of electrical and electronic equipment (EEE) and WEEE managers, as well as, the authorities involved in the integral management of appliances and their waste.
The Ministry of Environment and Sustainable Development will establish the guidelines and requirements that must comply with the WEEE collection and management systems by producers and the results-based management indicators for their evaluation and monitoring.
The document is divided into 4 chapters:
- General provisions
- Assessment of the obligations of the actors involved
- Information on EEE and WEEE
- Final provisions